A Montana native decided to try to get an up-close look at the pit of rattlesnakes using his GoPro camera. Rattlesnakes do not take kindly to trespasser, however. When the camera got too close to the pit full of rattlesnakes, the snakes attacked.
When the snakes bit, the GoPro was knocked into the snake den. Luckily, a hockey stick served as the perfect tool for saving the camera. The Montana resident Michael Delaney described the moment on Facebook.
“Just got some great rattlesnake footage, the GoPro was knocked off the stick from a snake striking it and landed in a ball of snakes,” he said. “Fished it out with a hockey stick, just got done cleaning the venom off my GoPro.”
Listen to the drone of the rattles. That is one sound you never want to be completely surrounded by. Never before has anyone been able to see what it’s like to be inside a rattlesnake pit – and lived.
Rattlesnakes live in dens like this for a variety of reasons. Females will lay their eggs in dens, and in the winter the den will provide warmth in the colder months.
Watch the amazing footage below: